Melbourne International Airport
Melbourne International Airport is known to locals as “Tullamarine” after the suburb it is located in, or just “the airport”.
Arriving in Melbourne
Soon after arrival, you will go to the Entry Control Point where you will need to show your passport to airport officers and then collect your luggage. After baggage collection, your Incoming Passenger Card (provided on the plane) will be checked before passing through Customs and Quarantine Inspection. It is important that you declare any prohibited or restricted items, or any for which you are required to pay duty or sales tax.
Prohibited items include:
- - marijuana, cannabis, heroin, cocaine, amphetamines
- - counterfeit goods
- - offensive pornography
You must declare (due to restrictions):
- - food, plants, animals and biological goods
- - firearms, weapons and ammunition
- - performance and image enhancing drugs
- - medicines – including prescription medications, alternative and herbal medicines, vitamin and mineral preparations
- - cash amounts of $A10,000 or more (not including travellers cheques)
- - herittage-listed goods such as art, stamps, coins and archeological objects
- - protected wildlife including coral, orchids, caviar, ivory products and hunting trophies
- - veterinary products
Leaving the airport
Melbourne International Airport has five car rental companies located on-site. All have offices on the ground floor of the Short Term Car Park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Car rental Melbourne provides more information.
Taxis are available from the ground floor of the airport, outside the International Terminal. As a guide, a trip between the city and the airport may cost you approximately A$80. A $2 taxi parking fee also applies from airport taxi ranks.
Skybus runs a shuttle service from the airport to Melbourne city and city hotels, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Melbourne Airport Shuttle page gives more details.
|Today||Thursday 13/3/2014||Friday 14/3/2014|
Chance of Rain21°/10°